- Validate your ticket before starting the journey and keep it with you until you leave the premises.
- The TUIN ticket must be validated at the entrance and exit, except on tramlines where it must only be validated at the entrance.
- The penalty fare for travelling without a valid transport ticket amounts to €100, in addition to the purchase of the corresponding ticket.
(*) Explanatory footnote regarding What is a valid transport document?
- You must make a one-way journey and without intermediate stops, except when it is necessary to change lines in order to reach your destination, only travelling through the zones where your ticket is valid.
- When travelling with Metrovalencia’s own tickets, the maximum travel time is 90 minutes for journeys in the zonal combinations A, B or B+ and 150 minutes in AB or AB+.
- When travelling with a coordinated ticket, the maximum travel time for each stage is 90, 110, 130 and 140 minutes depending if you travel through one, two, three or four zonal combinations. This is the maximum travel time to change between operators. It is allowed one only transfer from one operator to other or from one bus line to other.
- All tram stops, except terminals, are optional stops. To get on or off the vehicles on the tram lines or at the metro stops, request for the vehicle to stop well in advance.
It is not allowed to:
In FGV vehicles and facilities, you are not allowed to:
- Hinder the movement of trains and trams or put the safety of other users at risk.
- Use security or emergency devices without a justified cause.
- Overstep the yellow safety line on the platform unless the vehicle has stopped.
- Transport explosive or flammable material, balloons, disruptive packaging or any object that may damage the facilities.
- Prevent or force the opening or closing of the entrance doors to the vehicle.
- Tamper with any part of the tolling systems (sales and validation).
- Make use of any other means of transport (skates, scooters, skateboards, bicycles, etc.) within the premises.
- Travel in places not intended for such use.
- Get on or off the vehicle outside the premises assigned to them or following the sound of the doors closing.
- Enter the driver cabins or the rooms used exclusively by FGV personnel.
- Smoke, in accordance with current legislation.
- Consume alcoholic beverages or narcotic substances.
- Exercise hawking or begging.
- Put up posters or carry out any unauthorized artistic, commercial or advertising activity.
- Leave food, drink or any other kind of waste outside the containers intended for its disposal.
- Broadcast or play through any means sounds that may disrupt or cause a nuisance to other users.
- Put your feet on the seats, travel barefoot, without a t-shirt or with wet clothes, or carry out any kind of action that may infringe upon public health.
- Record videos or take photos for public dissemination or commercial use without permission.
Children under 10 years old
- They can travel free of charge when accompanied by a person of legal age carrying a valid ticket, with a maximum of 2 per adult, who must carry an official document proving the age of the minor.
Inspection and Control
- The Law grants FGV personnel the position of authority of an Officer to carry out Inspection and Control tasks.
- Aggression, intimidation or severe disobedience towards the Officers will imply the sanctions and penalties set out for each case in the current legislation.
- At any time, FGV may ask you to show your ticket or the document that identifies you as the owner of an individual travel card.
- FGV may block invalid or fraudulently used cards, as well as void the journey that has been uploaded to them.
- Respect the full priority of seats for persons with reduced mobility, elderly persons, persons with small children and pregnant women for the use of reserved seats.
Children’s pushchairs or prams
- Fold children’s chairs if you use the escalators or use the lift to transport them.
Bikes and scooters
- The transportation of bicycles is allowed throughout the entire network, except for the underground sections on weekdays unless they are folded.
- The transportation of scooters is allowed throughout the network.
- The number of bicycles or scooters on trains and trams may be limited at the discretion of FGV staff, depending on the current occupancy of the train or on other exceptional circumstances.
- For safety reasons, during Fallas, la Nit de Sant Joan and other events, transporting bicycles and scooters is not permitted.
- Carriers of scooters and bicycles are responsible for not causing inconvenience to the rest of the passengers and damaging vehicles or facilities.
- Carriers of non-folded bicycles must stand next to them in the empty spaces of trains and trams. Folded bicycles may be carried as hand luggage.
- Scooters will preferably be folded and, as far as possible, partially or completely hidden under the seat.
- Under no circumstances may drivers’ access to the drivers’ cabins be obstructed.
Traveling with animals is allowed, under the following access conditions:
- Guide dogs for people with disabilities or with their training instructors.
- Assistance dogs must be identified by an official badge, license or card issued by the competent institution.
- Dogs accompanying security forces.
- Small pets in cages or kennels.
Lost and Found
- If any object is lost on the trains or in stations, information can be requested at our customer service offices, staffed stations or by telephone on 900 46 10 46.
(*) What is a valid transport document?
The validity of a transport ticket will be determined, in addition to its corresponding validation, by the adequacy of its use to the modal, zonal, temporal, material and personal areas that it possesses, by the use of the support by its holder in the cases that apply and for not exceeding the maximum travel time.
For these purposes it is understood by:
- modal scope, mode of transport, Metrovalencia, EMT, Metrobús or Renfe.
- zonal scope, area of validity of the title, appears in the fares table.
- temporal scope, duration of validity of the title set by one of the following criteria: expiration date, change in rates or because it is for immediate use (simple paper or regularization title).
- material scope, balance in travel or in euros.
- personal scope, if the title is anonymous or personalized. The latter can only be used by its owner.
- Maximum travel time for the zonal combination of the title, appears in the fares table.